Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Quintessential Quintet for the Week (8/9/13)

Five Things From The Week That Was

1. Ima Need More Thumbtacks!
14 fresh postcards to make my postcard wall postcardier

I love postcards! Sending and receiving them… If I think you’ll appreciate postcards, I put you on the list… If you seem to appreciate them, you stay on the list… If you don’t, you get removed… After all, they aren’t free and they don’t write themselves… I usually try to send one from every place I go, two if it’s a nice place.

My older sister and nephew are a little more obsessive-compulsive than I am… I got to the mailbox on Thursday to find this waiting for me! 15 postcards from their one-week excursion to Utah, Idaho and parts unknown.


If you want postcards, shoot your address to tdick16@hotmail.com and I’ll try my best to put you in the rotation… If you want to send me some, 3780 Copperfield Drive; Apartment 115; Bryan, Texas 77802.


2. Ebony and Ivory
Royer's Round Top Cafe... Get there.


Some days are two-slice days for pie… Sunday’s trip to world famous Royer’s Round Top Café in Round Top, Texas was one of those days.

If you haven’t broke bread with me at Royer’s Round Top Café, there’s a good chance we’re not friends… It’s a little piece of heaven in a town of 90 people… And they have incredible pie.


This Sunday I was with Ashley Cushman from the soon-to-be world famous blog Pink, Blonde, Texas (follow Friday! Give it a look-see) and former roommate Travis Feldhaus.


After polishing off half of their world famous fried chicken, I indulged in a piece of the best White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Pie you’ll ever eat… Plus I tried a new treat on the menu… Sweet and Salty Pie… A chocolate pie with salted caramel… Both with a scoop of Amy’s Ice Cream.


Austinians will be happy to know that Royer’s Pie Haven is opening at the old Toy Joy location… Those that would like awesome pie sent from Round Top can go here.


3. It’ll Always Be Fa-La-La-La-Lifetime To Me
 
I always get confused... Which one of the Gold sisters is this?
A few years back Lifetime stopped calling their December programming “Fa-La-La-La-Lifetime” and switched it to “It’s A Wonderful Lifetime”… Despite that move and the fact that Hallmark Channel now possibly produces better cable Christmas movies, I still refer to all those types of programming as “Fa-La-La-La-Lifetime”

I received recent good news on the “Fa-La-La-La-Lifetime” Front … Candace Cameron and Alan Thicke teaming up for what should be a doozy… “Let It Snow!”…  If that doesn’t get you excited for Christmas, I don’t know what does! 138 days away… An up-to-date Christmas movie schedule can be found here... Disregard "Home Alone" if it's included, as it is not a Christmas movie.


4. Loveable Loser

I have a package from Robert Parish for Fido.
Monday evening, the Cleveland Indians were up 2-0 going to the ninth against the Detroit Tigers who they were creeping up on in the AL Central standings… It looked like the Tribe was going to finally hold their ground against the Motor City Kitties who had been pushing them around in recent years… The Indians decide to bring closer Chris Perez in for the third straight day… Perez shits down his leg… The Indians get swept in the four game series… Their playoff chances waning.

For those that don’t know, Chris Perez had pot mailed to his house… addressed to his dog.


Every season is a win-win situation for me… I can either burn a couch and tip over “smart” cars after the Indians win a world title, or I can embrace my life as a “loveable loser”… Your Prius and davenport are safe again this year ... Another year of being a loveable loser… Who doesn't love a loveable loser? ... It's in the name ... Hug me.

5. This week’s Dog!
“Bird Dog Whiskey – this dog don’t bite!”

How can “Letting The Dogs Out…” have a #QQ without a dog (besides Chris Perez's dog... Who mail-ordered the weed) … This week’s dog is Bird Dog Blackberry Whiskey … I stumbled upon a bottle at Western Beverage … The stuff tastes fantastic and goes down smooth… It’s 80 proof, so be careful if you want to wake up with your pants on … I had it on ice with a splash of water as well as a glass or two with Coke Zero … Not sure how it is with other mixers, but we’ll find out.

You might want to try the Blackberry Bramble… 2 oz. Bird Dog Blackberry Whiskey… 2 oz. Tres Leches Triple Cream Liqueuer… Shake vigorously over ice and pour into a glass… Meeeee-ow!


They also have Peach, Hot Cinnamon and Maple flavors … Look forward to trying them all … Check out BirdDogWhiskey.com for more info on the whiskey and where you can find it.



Until Monday... Deuces... And Duck Face

No comments:

Post a Comment