Friday, August 30, 2013

The Quintessential Quintet for the Week (8/30/13)

Five Things From The Week That Was!

1. Zoo View!
I just stumbled across this fantastic new addition to Google Maps Street View... They’ve gone inside of zoos and took a look around... Street Zoo!... or Zoo View!... Now you can check out the zoo before you go.   

Check out the zoo before you go!
2. Artwork
I recently got some Americana art work… Recently being February 2… Armadillo Day posters... Armadillo Day is one of my favorite days of the year… If you’ve always come up with a lame excuse for not going like you have to get a hair cut or have to take a dog to a spa day, we’re probably not friends... February 2 and I just got them framed... After initial sticker shock of how much it cost to get framed (I thought the lady was quoting me the price for all three photos, when it was in fact the price for each frame job individually) I’m delighted at the prospects of having the classiest office at Kyle Field.
Two of the three posters that will make office W143 the classiest at Kyle Field

3. I aint falling for no banana in my tailpipe


Tuesday was National Banana Lover’s Day... Everybody should have celebrated that day, because everybody loves a banana!... I celebrated with Bacon-Wrapped Bananas with Cajun Maple Glaze... They’re amazing… The recipe I ripped off is here.
Bacon-Wrapped Bananas with Cajun Maple Glaze on Moose Plate
4. Two birds one stone
I like to take themed photos and have places for them on Facebook.. One I call “Famous People I’ve Almost Met But I Was Too Afraid To Talk To” (grown adults wearing athletic jerseys outside of the tailgating/game attendance setting) and another is called “Deal Closers” (people who wear BlueToofs around even when they’re not driving in a car)… Friday I got lucky and hit two categories in one photo!... Feel free to send me photos at tdick16@hotmail.com or start your own themed albums!
A guy closing deals AND Johnny Football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5. This week’s dog… Reveille VIII

With the opening of college football season, we’re honoring, the First Lady of College Football... Reveille VIII... She’s a Rough Collie and the highest ranking member of the Corps of Cadets, but she’s also a regal beagle!... Here's a historic timeline of Reveille on AggieAthletics.com
I captured a photo of the largest moving picture of an American Collie ever produced!

No comments:

Post a Comment